Hey there! You've found yourself on an archived article. You can find the up-to-date article here!
Getting Started with Teams
Teams can be created by campaigns on the admin dashboard or by individual users in the app.
Any admin or owner role can manage teams including creating new teams and adding and removing members for any team.
- Admin and Owner roles can manage (create/edit teams and add/remove members) teams
- Staff roles with 'user list management permissions'.
Team Leader (User Role)
- Team Leader - Team leader(s) can be designated for each team - a team leader can be an admin or volunteer (user) role.
- any team leader can manage the team within the mobile app - add and remove members or edit the team information.
- a team leader will also be designated on the team chat so that all of the team members know they are a team leader.
To create, view, and manage teams as an admin, visit the Teams page, located under the Users tab of your sidebar.
Creating and Managing Teams
To create a team, click "Create Team" on the Teams tab, give the team a name, and choose the type of team. You can also decide whether or not to enable Team Chat.
There are 3 types of teams:
- Private: Private teams are similar to user lists in that they only appear on the admin dashboard and exports but do not appear in the volunteer-facing mobile or web app.
- Public Teams: Public teams appear on the leaderboard in the mobile and web app and are visible to any Users of the campaign.
- Invite Only: These teams can only be joined through an invite from the campaign or team leader.
- Open to Join: A 'join' button will appear next to these teams in the app and any campaign User will be able to join them.
- User-Created teams: These will appear on the teams tab and admins can manage or change their status. But they can only be created by a User in the volunteer app.
To view a list of team members or manage the team and its members, open the team's page from the Teams Tab. Here, you can:
- View members of a team
- Remove members
- Designate a team leader
- View information and stats for each User by clicking on their name
An admin can edit a team's settings from a few different points. On the summary page, click "Edit Team" from the menu option of the desired team. You can also click "Edit Team" from the "Manage Team" dropdown that appears when you select a team on the summary dashboard or click into a team's page.
Clicking "Edit Team" will open a form where you can update the team's name and visibility settings, save changes, or delete the team.
Add Members to a team
There are 3 ways to add members to a team.
- Add From Users Lists or Users tab: Select one or more users from a user list and click "Add Selected to Team" and then choose the team.
- Send Join Code: Invite users by sending a join code, which can be entered in the Impactive app.
- Send Invite Link: Invite users by sending an invitation link, which will automatically join the user once opened.
To remove members from a team, select "Remove User From Team" on the menu option of the desired user.
There are several ways to delete a team.
- On the teams summary page, select the team and click "Delete Team" from the "Manage Team" dropdown or click "Delete Team" on the menu option of the desired team.
- On the teams detail screen, click on "Edit Team" and choose 'delete team'
When a team is deleted, the corresponding User list and all stats will be deleted. Note - if you want to continue to pull stats for the team but do not want the team to show up in the volunteer app anymore - just make the team private.
Teams Leaderboard and Team Stats
The Leaderboard offers summary metrics on a team's activity and performance. The Leaderboard is sortable and allows filtering for the past 30 days, 7 days, or 24 hours. Metrics on the leaderboard update every hour.
Last Active: time when any member of the team was last active on the app
Teammates: total number of members on a team
Points: total number of points collected by every team member while completing activities for the campaign
Actions: total number of actions completed by all members of the team and total number of times actions were performed by all members of the team.
Reports Filled: total number of reports filled out by every member of a team
Additional: indicates whether or not the team was created by a user
To see more team and individual statistics go to each teams' detail page.
At the top of the page, you'll find a few summary statistics reporting on the team's size, points earned, actions completed, actions performed, reports filled, and messages sent.
On each Team's detail page, the stats display for each team member as well as the overall team:
Last Active: time when the member was last active on the app
Rank: number of points earned while completing actions for the campaign
Actions: number of actions completed, with number of total times the user performed an action and filled out a report
Messages Sent: number of messages sent, with number of responses received and follow-ups sent out
Communicating with Teams
An admin may engage with the members of a team in a few ways:
- Send Action: You can send an action to an entire team or a few team members by clicking "Send Action." This will open a form where you can select and send off a specific action to the desired recipients.
- Reaching Individual Teams: You can send an action to an entire team or a few team members by clicking on the "Manage Team" dropdown menu and selecting one of the communication mediums. This opens a form where you can enter and send your message to the desired recipients.
- Send DM: Users receive the message in the app inbox.
- Send Broadcast: Users receive the message in their device's text messages. Note: Sending a broadcast from this page sends the message to the entire team. To send a broadcast to a subset of users, visit the Users page. To send a broadcast message, the campaign must have broadcast enabled.
- Send Email: Users receive the message in their email inbox.
- Send Push Notifications: Users receive a push notification message on their device from the Impactive app. Note: To receive a push notification from Impactive, users must have push notifications for the app enabled.
- Reaching Multiple Teams: To message multiple teams at the same time, select the checkboxes next to each team on the Teams tab and click "Manage Team." You can send a direct message or a push notification by choosing an option from the dropdown menu and completing the form that pops up.
Team Chat: The Team Chat is a message thread that is created automatically for every team on a campaign. Every member is automatically joined to their team's message thread, which appears in the app inbox. Admins and team leaders can use this group chat to send a team updates, reminders, and more.
As an admin, you can access any team's chat through the teams summary page, click "Go to Team Chat" from a team's menu option.
How does it impact team stats if a user is a member of multiple teams in a campaign?
Team points and stats always reflect the total of all members that are currently on the team. So if one user is a member of two or more teams within a campaign, all of their actions and points would be included in the Team totals for both or each of the teams within that campaign of which they are a member.