Table of Contents:
Using Impactive's script-building features, you can easily create response scripts that will make following up to messages easy and efficient. You can create response scripts for Peer to Peer Texting, Friend to Friend Messaging, Broadcast, or Canvassing actions.
By creating a response script, your volunteers won't have to write a reply to a common question on their own: instead, they can just choose a reply you've already written and click send! You can create as many replies as needed.
Auto Tagging Responses
If you'd like a voter to be automatically tagged with an activist code or result code, you can set up an auto tag such that any contact who receives a specific response script will automatically be tagged. Impactive has auto-tagging functionality built into response scripts so that your volunteers don't have to manually file a report after every response message they send. Note that this feature is only available within Peer to Peer Texting actions.
Here's how to set up Auto-Tagging Responses:
- Click on “Add another response script”.
- Enter a Name for the response, and a Script Message. For example, for an affirmative response to an initial text recruiting for an event, you might write: "Attending: Yes" as the Script Name and "Great - so glad you can attend! The event starts at 7:30pm on Saturday" as the Script Message.
- To include a tag or custom field that will automatically be applied when your volunteer sends this response, click the “Advanced Options” drop-down menu.
- Check either “Tag the contact” and/or “Update custom field of the contact” depending on which you'd like to use.
- Within the box that appears, select the appropriate tag(s) and/or custom field(s) you'd like to be automatically applied.
Once you've applied these settings to your action, your contacts will automatically have a tag or custom field value applied to them each time the corresponding response is sent. If the VAN Integration is set up, that data will be sent to VAN. This will save you and your volunteers a ton of time - no need to fill out manual reports!