If you'd like to add a report on someone, you can click on the Add Report button in the upper right hand corner in the Inbox. You can select to fill a report for any campaign that you are a part of, to report on the conversations you are having with friends or people that you are meeting at the doors or in passing.
This function will give campaigns and organizations more insight into fellow supporters, and will allow them to expand their outreach to new people.
In this article, we will provide you with step by step instructions on how to use the "Add Report" function.
How to Add a Report:
Step 1: Open the Impactive app and Navigate to your Inbox. At the top right corner of the screen you will see the "Add Report" button.
Step 2: Select who the report is for from the following options:
- For someone new (lookup voting record) - If you choose to add a report for someone new, you will be redirected to a page to match them to the voter file.
- For someone new (skip lookup) - You will be able to add a new contact from scratch and will simultaneously be able to fill out a report for the campaign.
- For a friend or contact - If you choose to add someone for a friend or contact you will be redirected to your synced contact list. If you choose to add a report on a contact, their voter file information will automatically be applied (if they've been properly matched to the voter file).
Step 4: Select the correct person from a list of matches (if applicable).
More often than not, especially if the person you are searching for has a common name, you will have to look through the list of matches and select the correct person that you are attempting to match to the voter file. (For this example, there is only one Ava DuVernay that lives in California).
Once you select the correct person from the voter file, you may be able to see some data on their voting history - including where they are registered to vote, and how frequently they vote.
Step 6: Once you select the correct person from the voter file, you may be able to see their voting history and get an idea of whether or not they are a frequent voter.
Step 7: Finally, you can fill out a report for the campaign or organization you are volunteering for. Select all tags and custom fields that apply to your interaction with the contact. For example, support ratings or whether they are a volunteer prospect. After you fill out a report for them, they will appear as a contact in your Impactive Inbox and you will be able to send follow-up messages if the campaign has created scripts for the Add A Report action.
Step 8: Points! Once you have added a report, you will receive points for it and every report you add thereafter. And who doesn't love those points?!
- 9D4D99CE-71DE-4990-A9C1-02C900B63160.png300 KB
- 1DBD8FC2-60F2-4541-9A43-C6131160C5F3.png500 KB
- IMG_4592.PNG300 KB
- IMG_4593.PNG500 KB