Impactive is accessible for organizers on both mobile and web devices. Jump into peer-to-peer messaging, remote canvassing, voter registration, and more on desktop. Read on for a few key ways that activists can use Impactive for web:
Email Your Friends
Organizers can email contacts directly through the Impactive web platform. If a campaign you follow has an action to reach your friends, click the call-to-action button to get started. You'll be asked to select the contacts you would like to email, customize the script for outreach, and press send.
Steps to reach out to your friends:
- Navigate to the "Contacts"
- Click on Sync Contacts. This will sync with your email contacts.
- Open up a friend-to-friend action under "Campaigns" or "Charities" to select friends to message.
- You will be brought out to your email tool to send a note to your friends!
- Return to the Inbox to send follow up scripts or to fill a report on the conversation.
Using open canvassing, organizers can find any voter in the national voter file to assess voting districts and voting frequency. Search for a voter and submit a report about them.
Volunteers can submit stories or testimonials in response to campaign prompts. Previous campaigns have gained compelling content for marketing on social media or over email, or to advocate for policies based on real volunteer experiences.
Impactive allows volunteers to text lists of contacts through both mobile and web platforms. Organizers on web can open the peer-to-peer action, and click the "send" button to distribute messages. Volunteers can then follow up with the voters they messaged using the Impactive inbox view, and report back to the campaign about the voter’s response (syncing with VAN!).
Here's how it works:
- Click on the peer-to-peer action under "Campaigns" or "Charities". Start.
- The campaign will assign you a batch of voters or contacts to text.
- Once you've pressed send to all voters, you can converse with them in the Inbox. Fill reports, and send follow up scripts the same way you do on mobile.
Campaigns can collect additional information from users on Impactive through custom forms or surveys. Forms may ask you to recruit additional volunteers, find out how you feel about a new program or policy, and sign up friends for new volunteering opportunities with flexible question types.