Hey there! You've found yourself on an archived article. You can find the up-to-date article here!
During your Peer-to-Peer texting campaign, contacts are automatically assigned to volunteers. If you decide that a different staff member or volunteer would be better suited to reply to certain contacts, you can reassign them. You may also want to reassign contacts to a volunteer when a shift ends, when some volunteers stop texting, or if the conversation requires someone with more specific knowledge. This article explains how to reassign those contacts for a specific P2P action.
About Automatic Assignment
After you publish a Peer-to-Peer texting action, your contacts will automatically start as "unassigned":
- When a volunteer clicks "Start" within the action, they will immediately be assigned 100 contacts to text from the list.
- Once they have finished texting those 100 recipients, they will be assigned another batch of 100 contacts to text.
- This will repeat with all your volunteers until the entire list has been texted.
- If the list has less than 100 contacts, they will all be assigned to one user unless you change the automatic assignment bucket size - check out the Pro Tip below!
When a contact is assigned to a volunteer, the volunteer can see the message thread history with that contact in the Impactive app. They will be able to see all previous messages sent to this contact, and their previous responses with other volunteers. They will also be able to respond and fill out reports on the conversation directly from the app, including tagging the contact with options like "Opt Out" or "Will Vote".
To learn more about tags, visit our help page Settings: Using Customized Tags and Custom Fields.
PRO TIP: If you'd like to change the number of contacts that are automatically assigned to each volunteer, go to the SETTINGS tab in the left-hand navigation menu and click on “Texting”. Use the drop-down menu under “Contact assignment bucket size” to select between 10, 25, 100, and 200 contacts per user.
Reassigning Contacts to a Specific Volunteer within an Action
This is useful in the event that your volunteer has not followed up with their contacts and/or has outstanding "Needs attention" messages.
- Go to the ACTIONS tab and click on “Peer to Peer”.
- Find the action and click on “ View Results”.
- Scroll down to the “User Engagement” section.
- Find your volunteer and click on the “...” at the far right end of the row.
- Select "Reassign Contacts" and a pop-up box will appear.
- Select a new volunteer from the drop-down menu and click the “Assign contacts” button.
Reassigning Contacts to a User List
Administrators may also reassign contacts to a list of users/volunteers. For example, after a text bank is finished, you may decide to reassign the contact list from the text bank to internal staff only.
To reassign all contacts from an individual volunteer, or using a filter:
- Go to the CONTACTS tab and click on “All Contacts.”
- Search or filter the individual contact(s) whom you’d like to reassign.
- Click on the checkbox next to the contact’s name, or use the top checkbox to “select all” if using a filter, and select the “Assign Contacts” button.
- Select a User List in the drown-down menu and click “Assign contacts”.
To reassign the contacts from one list to a different list:
- Go to the CONTACTS tab and click on “Lists.”
- Click on the list and scroll down to the “Manage Contacts” section.
- Select the top check box to “select all” users in the list.
- Click on the “Assign Contacts” button and “Select a User List” in the drop-down menu.
All the contacts from the selected users(s) will now be randomly assigned to the volunteers on the chosen list. Only those volunteers will be able to see the message threads with those contacts, follow up, and fill out reports for them in the app.
FAQ: Can I choose who is assigned to which volunteer ahead of time?
Answer: Not yet. We are working to make this easily assignable and will be offering a separate option for contact assignment in the future.
Monitoring Contacts that "Need Attention"
If you need to keep track of how your volunteers are doing on their follow up and reporting, the easiest way is to use the "Needs Attention" filter:
This filter will tell you which of your contacts have received a message and then responded to that message (without unsubscribing), but have not yet had a volunteer reply or fill out a report on the interaction. Using this filter, you can easily reassign contacts that need a quick response from more active volunteers.
Next recommended help page: Peer-to-Peer Texting: Auto-Tag Voter Responses