- Creating an account
- Take Action
- Pro Tips
Impactive is the easiest way for you to get involved with campaigns and causes that matter. Getting started is simple, follow these steps and you'll be on your way to making a difference 😉 . If you’re looking for how to get started on the Impactive Web App, visit our Getting Started on Impactive for Web support article.
Creating an Account
- Download the Impactive app from the App Store or the Google Play Store.
- Create an account with your name, phone number, and email. You can also enter your campaign Join Code here to join your campaigns' Impactive instance.
- Login using the magic link. Go to your email and click on the link to login to your new Impactive account. This will navigate you back to the Impactive App.
- Once in the app, the home screen shows actions from the campaigns or charities you've joined - at the top of the screen you can toggle back and forth to view actions of different campaigns and charities you've joined.
- The message icon takes you to your inbox, where you can communicate with your contacts, teammates, and potential supporters a campaign might be trying to reach.
- The trophy icon takes you to the leaderboard where you can join a team.
- The phone book icon is a contacts directory. If you sync your phone contacts, we will help you discover registered voters in your contacts by matching them to the national voter file. Under this tab you can also manage which contacts you would like to contact with Impactive.
- The profile icon takes you to see the number of points you’ve earned, actions you’ve completed and the teams you’re in.
Once you have joined a campaign, you will see a list of posts and actions that you can engage with. Here are some examples of in-app actions that you can take to help support a cause or campaign of your choice.
Text A Friend
- Some actions will ask you to tell your friends about a cause or candidate. Statistically, reminding your friends to vote is the single most effective way of getting more people to vote. Studies have shown that just one text from a friend will make someone 10% more likely to show up to the polls. (Yes, really!) Taking the action to text a friend on behalf of a campaign is a simple way to raise awareness for a cause that matters to you - often the campaign will even include suggested messaging for you to include in your text (don't worry, you can always edit it or write your own).
Report Back on a Conversation
- After completing a friend-to-friend action your campaign will ask you to report back on a conversation that you had with a potential supporter. You will use the 'Reports' feature in the Impactive app to provide feedback on how the conversation went.
Canvassing actions help you report and outreach to a list of contacts shared or assigned to you by the campaign.
- Shared List Canvassing: a list of shared contacts that all volunteers can view and report on. If you reach out to one of the contacts, they will no longer appear on the list for other volunteers.
- Assigned List Canvassing: a list of contacts that are assigned only to you - possibly across multiple actions so that you can maintain a relationship by sharing information with them over time and adding reports based on your interaction.
Open a Webpage
- Sharing the link to an article online, a video, an image, or a website is something most people already do on their own social channels. In Impactive, campaigns can share specific links they would like their volunteers and supporters to see and share. You may be prompted to open a webpage to sign up for a virtual event, sign a petition or pledge to fill out the Census.
Submit a testimonial or selfie video
- Some campaigns will ask you to write a testimonial or upload a selfie or video saying why you support the campaign. This is an extremely valuable piece of content that they can share with their members and often you’ll get a shoutout on social media from them thanking you! (It’s a win-win!)
- Some campaigns will ask you to send a text to someone they are trying to reach. This will come from a phone number that Impactive assigns you and they will receive an SMS on their phone with the script that the campaign has provided for you. This means that the person you contact will not see your real phone number. Once you've reached out, you can continue the conversation in the Impactive app via your inbox. Don't forget to report back to the campaign on how the conversation goes!
- Here you'll be able to share a message directly from the campaign on your social channels. It can be to Facebook or Twitter and you can let your friends and family see all the good work you're doing!
Fill a Form
- Some actions will be a bit more open-ended and might take you to a website to fill out a form. You’ll have to read the instructions closely. Then you can let the campaign know if you completed that action.
- Have a real conversation! People receive too many transactional messages already.
- Invite your friends to join in and volunteer right from their phones. It only takes a few minutes.
- Send gentle follow-ups and reminders. It’s easy to forget things after a while and people are busy.
- Feature List.pdf500 KB