If you want to select more options to customize your broadcast text, you can do so — set up your initial message as outlined in Lesson 2, and save your draft. Then, you’ll be directed to the full broadcast message page:
- Edit your broadcast name, list type, and selected target list if needed. You can also add this broadcast message to Assigned Folders, which helps you organize your Impactive actions. Additionally, assign a Broadcast Responder List if you’d like to assign a team of staff or volunteers to manage responses to your broadcast message.
- To create a team of broadcast responders, see our article on building lists.
- Customize your message with dynamic variables for campaign or user info. Additionally, add trackable links here by selecting Links > Link Type > Choose Dynamic Variable to find the link you’d like to insert.
- To create a trackable link, see our article on creating custom links.
- To send an image with your broadcast SMS message, upload your media right below the text box.
- Hot tip: Make sure your message looks the way you want by selecting the Preview button.
- Select + Add Script to create your first response script. These are optional messages that you can send text recipients after they respond to your initial broadcast message.
- Input your Script Name. This is the name that will populate when your response team manages follow-up messages.
- Add your response script text. You can customize the text with the same dynamic field options as your initial broadcast message (campaign info, user info, and links) plus contact info.
- Additionally, you can use advanced options:
- Trigger This Response Via Keyword for more information on automated responses, read our article here.
- Tag the contact will apply the selected campaign tags to the contact when the follow-up response is sent. For more information on campaign tags, read our article here.
- Updating the custom field of the contact will update the selected fields for the contact when the follow-up response is sent. For more information on custom fields, read our article here.
- If you’d like to apply more than one follow-up response message, select + Add another script.
- If you selected + Add Script or + Add another script by mistake, delete your response script by navigating to the three dots at the upper right-hand corner of the script box. Select this option, and select Delete.
- Note: Your broadcast message will not save if you have an open response script open without the necessary fields filled in.
- Recommended but not required: select the tags and custom fields that should appear on the outreach report of recipients that respond to your initial broadcast message.
- To make sure your broadcast message is set up properly, select Preview All and view your initial and response messages.
- To save your broadcast message without sending, select Save Changes.
- To send your broadcast message, select Send Options. You can:
- Select Send Now to send the message immediately.
- Select Schedule for Later to send the message at a later time.
After you’ve properly saved or sent your broadcast message, you’ve successfully prepared your broadcast message! If you’ve assigned a team of responders, proceed to Lesson 4 to learn more about response handling and management.
Dynamic variables: These are fields that populate specific information (like name, phone number, etc.) to personalize your message. For more information, read our Help Center article here.